Monday, August 23, 2004

Odds and Ends and Intermission

First, I must thank, and apologize to, all those who sent me e-cards and emails on my birthday. I have not had a chance to respond yet. I got your messages and really appreciated them. I will try to respond to each one personally, soon. Special shout-out to my family and my friend Rivka K. who called me from the US.

For my birthday, my relatives Meir and Suzi took me out to a meat place in Petach Tikva with really delicious food; Meir's birthday is around this time as well, so it was a double celebration (Happy birthday, Meir!). I had a chance to talk in depth with my second-cousin, Roni; we've never really had a deep discussion of any kind before this, just superficial stuff. He is a very nice young man with a good head on his shoulders. He recently finished his 3-year stint in the IDF and is now applying to medical schools. A very intelligent boy with good values. I was impressed.

According to Ari S., this Thursday is my Hebrew birthday. Sarah Beth wants to take me out on Wednesday, but I'm not sure I can make it. I could go out on Thursday night . . . if any of my friends want to arrange such a thing . . .

So I went fencing last night. It was mostly good but I'm exhausted today. After fencing I showered quickly and ran out to cover a story. I got home past midnight and practically fell asleep in my clothes. This morning I was supposed to go swimming with Beth, but cancelled because I literally could not get out of bed. I couldn't move. I'll (bli neder) write a full fencing update tomorrow. The upshot is that the people were nice enough, and the fencing fun enough, that I definitely want to go back (just as I thought, I never feel as good as I do during my first bout of a session. I need the catharsis). But it's going to be a while before I can get my own locker or private lessons. Also, they can only take beginners if you either have your own equipment or have a very average or below-average sized body; they don't have as much extra equipment as their website would lead one to believe. But it's a nice club for someone who is going to be dedicated about showing up pretty often.

Lots of other little things crowding the space in my brain, but I'm sooooo tired. Too tired to write anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment