Monday, November 15, 2004

Black Monday

I just found out that not one, but two of my acquaintances from the Upper West Side have died.

What is going on? I'm only 32. I shouldn't have so many peers who have died. I feel like God is killing off all my friends (chas v'shalom).

Sarah Beth suggests that it's just that I know so many people . . . so statistically, I'm bound to know more young people who have died . . . . I hope that's what it is . . . but still, this is shocking and terrifying.

Live life to its fullest!

And, if you live on the Upper West Side, or some other place known for being rather clique-ish and anonymous, spare a smile and warm thoughts even for people you don't know well; you never know who might be the next one to disappear.

Baruch dayan ha-emet. Blessed is the True Judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment