Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I'm leaving on a jet plane . . .

1. I don't know when I'll be back again . . .

If anyone in Israel HAPPENS to feel like picking me up at the airport, I'm scheduled to land at Ben Gurion tomorrow (Thursday) at 2:35 pm. Coming in on Swiss Air. A ride to Jerusalem would be most excellent, though I'm not expecting it. I'm expecting to take a cab. With my two full suitcases, backpack, 2 jackets, and the large toaster oven I bought at Duty Free. Welcome home to me!

2. Also, a public and enthusiastic Thank You to my devoted reader, Miriam L, who Fedexed me a copy of a most excellent novel, "The Time Traveler's Wife," on time for me to read it on the plane. I have started it and love it! If you like "Time and Again," you will LOVE "The Time Traveler's Wife."

3. So, Bush won. I'm feeling rather crabby about this. However, I believe that whatever happens is meant to happen, and just hope that Bush won't completely bungle his second term as he did his first. We can hope for improvement, even from him.

Is it just me, or does President Bush have a slightly maniacal look about him? Every time I see him on TV, he's got this smirk and slightly psychotic gleam in his eye. I seriously think there is something clinically wrong with him - not because of what he's done, but because of that glazed, smirky, shifty look he's got.

4. Reminder: Scroll down to take the sort-of annual Chayyei Sarah quiz.

See you in the Holy Land!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment