Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Shabbaton Chronicles: There and Back Again (Epilogue)

I’m still trying to emotionally process the Shabbaton experience. Writing about it, and getting all the comments and emails from my readers, has helped more than you’ll ever know.

I’ve been to other singles Shabbatons in the past, both in the US and Israel. Some are better than others; the one I attended a few months ago in Karnei Shomron was actually pretty good, as far as these things go. The people there were socially competent, and nice, and close to my age. Sometimes the risk of going pays off.

But I think, after this, that I’m done with Shabbatons, though I would love to go back to Tiberias for a vacation. I have not given up (yet) on internet dating, and I’ll still get out into the world and try to meet people through friends, at parties, in shule, etc. Who knows? Maybe I’ll even try a shadchan.

But, bli neder, I’ll never attend another singles shabbaton as long as I live. The Veela, The Wallpaper, and the Winner’s Circle girls will have to march on without me.

Thus ends the Shabbaton Chronicles.

Chazak chazak v’nitchazek . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment