Monday, February 14, 2005

Odd Todd has posted fabulous pictures and his great "everyman" commentary on The Gates art exhibit in Central Park.

I sure wish I was in New York right now, on a trip, to see this. It's stuff like this that makes me miss Manhattan sometimes (though I suppose New York doesn't have art on their recycling bins, now do they?).

I love the quote in yesterday's New York Times article (which otherwise is a bit too "gushy" for me, but sure describes the "feel" of the exhibit very well, and which I'm too lazy to look up right now) in which an onlooker says "it will be fascinating when it is gone." I can imagine that when The Gates comes down, there will be a visual imprint left, like when you look at a bright light and then turn away, and wherever you look, the light is still there for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment