Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I love you, but . . .

I know, I said I won't be blogging for a few days. I'm just coming out of temporary retirement to make a request to those friends who know who I am and are in the habit of calling me on the phone. It's easier to do it on the blog than to make individual requests, and anyway the original purpose of this blog was as a means to communicate with friends back home!

I love my friends. Dearly. I do not know what I would do without you.

But . . . in the last week or so, hardly a night has gone by that my phone hasn't rung after 11 pm. A couple of times, I got calls after midnight. Different people every time!

Now, each person who called is very close to my heart and I'm so happy to talk to you. I'm happy that you are thinking of me. But . . . . I'm tired.

So, please no calling after 10:30. Even though we all know that I stay up much later than that, the night you want to call might be the night that I've gone to sleep already. Of course exceptions can be made if we made an appointment, or if there's a medical emergency, or whatever. But in general . . . please . . . just because I work for myself doesn't mean I have no reason to get up in the morning!

Thanks for understanding! XOXOXO

***UPDATE***

Ten minutes after midnight. Just got a phone call.

::sigh::

People! Just because I have a VOIP phone with a New York area code does not mean I live in New York! The time difference is seven hours, OK? And I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment