Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Be My Star Wars Baby

Well, today is my last full day in California. My nephews have been so adorable. I'll miss them very much.

Last night, Ilan and I took the Return of the Jedi cards which my sister had given me, and the Return of the Jedi cards which He Who Must Not Be Named had given me, and put them all in order and merged them. For his efforts I promised to give Ilan any doubles we find. I'm happy to report, tentatively, that it seems we do indeed have one complete set of the cards (not of the stickers, alas. Time for ebay.) I feel complete, somehow, like my life has come full circle. (Yes, I'm scary.)

I'm so excited for the release of Episode III on May 19, I could positively die.

This morning, Ilan came into my room to wake me up, and we cuddled and I explained some of the Star Wars story to him. He has not seen all the episodes, so he had so much to catch up on. Doda, why did they freeze Han Solo? Why was he running from Jabba the Hut? Did Anakin and Padme get married in Episode II or III, Doda?

As I write this, Ilan and Nathan are in the backyard, having a duel with the lightsabers I bought for them yesterday. I'm so proud.

It's a good life when you have the Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment