Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Important Milestone

With great thanks to Hashem, and to certain family members who have been extremely generous to me, I'm happy to announce that as of yesterday, I am officially out of debt.

*Zero balance on my credit card
*Bank loan paid off
*All small debts to friends, such as the 70 NIS I owed my friend Shuli from the last time we went to dinner and a movie together, taken care of.

OK, there is one loan-from-a-friend still on the table, but that's because her wallet was stolen last week, including the check I'd given her to pay back the money she'd once loaned me. I just haven't seen her yet to give her a replacement check. But besides that, I'm completely in the black now. In fact, there are several "entities" out there who owe ME money, including several clients and the government of the State of Israel.

Chayyei Sarah is actually worth something now! I mean, I was worth something before, but . . . well, you know what I meant.

It's a great feeling to be able to start thinking about saving up money for things I really want. I have a lot of gratitude to Hashem, who in certain ways has made it seem like money falls from the sky; and to my family and one particular friend, who have been very generous to me - without them it would have taken me a few more years to get to this point; and to myself, for aggressively taking care of the situation, staying on top of my clients' accounts with me (most freelance writers are not good at the business side), and not making (too many) ridiculous purchases which would have put me further away from my goal.

What a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment