Thursday, December 22, 2005

As if we didn't know . . .

NerdTests.com User Test: The Orthodoxy  Test.

This was fun. Indicative of . . . I don't know what . . . but fun!

What's interesting is this note I got after my results:

Right Wing Modern Orthodox: 70%
Left Wing Modern Orthodox: 55%
Left Wing Yeshivish/Chareidi: 44%
Right Wing Yeshivish/Chareidi: 10%


Notice that I mostly fit "Right Wing Modern Orthodox," but also got just about half the possible answers for both "Left Wing Modern Orthodox" on one hand and "Left Wing Yeshivish/Charedi" on the other.

Just goes to show how you never know about people. Or labels. Or these quizzes.

Then there was this, which I assume was written tongue-in-cheek:

Congratulations. You're Modern Orthodox all right, but wait! Just when you were ready to live an idyllic happily-labeled life they announce Left Wing and Right Wing Modern Orthodoxy. What the heck is up with that? Maybe you need to rethink and refine some of your positions, and then take the test again so I can put you in a little box.


No, thanks, NerdTest maker person, I'd rather not be put into an even smaller box. The dating pool is too small where I am, as it is.


Hat tip: Orthomom

No comments:

Post a Comment