Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

The turkey is in the oven, the side dishes are all baked, and I am taking a rest before washing all the dishes and welcoming my guests.

I have much to be thankful for, as, God willing, I'll be signing a contract on Tuesday for the purchase of a new apartment. And of course, I'm thankful for my wonderful parents who are helping make that happen, and to my sister for being a great sister, and to my friends, and to my blog readers.

My guests include Beth and Simcha, and Lisa S., and a lovely British couple who often have me over for Shabbat meals. As far as I know this is their first Thanksgiving feast, though I am not sure - I'll have to ask them.

On the menu:

- creamy zucchini soup
-turkey with sides of whole carrot and onion
-stuffing
-sweet potato kugel
-cranberry sauce
-for dessert: apple crisp

Yum!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment